Reviving the art of letter writing


I've always loved mail. I had penpals growing up. My cousin and I wrote each other letters. I also exchanged letters with my friend who lived in the Philippines.

Right now, I find myself really wanting more tangible connections to people. Especially when much of our world and interactions are digital. A letter feels more personal, even if it's from a stranger. 

Clay collects stamps and has a pretty decent collection of postcards. He found a website called postcrossing.com. Once you create an account, you can send postcards to other members. The website will assign someone to you when you indicate you would like to send a card. 

So far, Clay has sent postcards to Germany, Russia, and Switzerland. I'm a slacker, so I've only sent out one to Germany. We could receive postcards at anytime from people all over the world. It's pretty fun. 

I'm excited about our new hobby. I'll keep you posted about the cards we receive. 

What are your Covid hobbies? I'm curious to know the different ways you all are spending your time these days. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Accidental Prophecies

California dreaming on a winter's day

Things are getting real!